It's Another New Year Again-Twenty Twelve!!

I was wondering what is that I am doing every year? What is the difference I have made and I have had? Have I ever made resolutions? Have I ever followed them ? Aiyaa.. Leave it.. Why should we even bother about these when it does not suit us.. Lets go to the story! How I celebrated this year!! :D

Indeed, it was not so much fun like last year. Last year, we were a jolly gang of room mates and a few more friends. We made it to Monkey falls as a new year plan. It was really a fun. We were all girls rocking there in the falls. Lotso photo shoots,lotso kalaais, lotso fun! I have never had such a cool new year. I dont think I will ever have it again. I should really thank all those who made it such a wonderfull memory.

Come back ! So, how I planned this new and how it ended up??!! Ready to travel with me ?!

"Hey,its a new year! Where shall we go? how shall we celebrate?", I was thinking about it even before two weeks from new year. I made lot of plans. I asked my roommate. She was ready. but to my sad demise, only we two were there. I should say, after I entered the job, I did not get any great gang to roam out. Fun with colleagues only in office. Okay, what shall we do? What shall we do? What shall we do? yess.. Got it! Isha. Lets visit Isha for the new year. I dono who gave this idea. Roopa or I ! But finally its Isha.

A week passed by. It was some three days before the new year. While having a casual chat in my home, Roopa said,"Hey Shankar is also willing to come to Isha!" .

"Of course!", said me! *Happy!Got one more person!Three now!*

I was dreaming how Isha will be. As I gone through the web browsing for it, I was very happy. After all, On a new year's day, I am gonna be friends with nature. Even in dreams, I walked into the forest, took snaps of cute little plants, played with little droplets of water falling from the trees. Basically, I was totally lost into woods!!!

It was two days before new year. Everybody in my office were busily preparing for going to a colleague's marriage and sending off our director who was taking leave from the office. I was busily going through the web about the places nearby Coimbatore to be visited in a day for new year. Everybody bid goodbye[Not even telling Happy New Year :( ] by 3.30 in the noon. There were merely three to four people in the office. I was really bored. Nisha, as usual, was caught by the clients. Gosh, they dont even have life other than Work and Work ! I was googling, google mapping through the awesome places. I prepared a list.


Anamalai hills

Top slip

Siruvaani dam

Vaidehi falls

Of course, Isha :D

Google map showed me the locations and time to reach for each place.

First, reviews about Top Slip:
                    God, I love being in forests,watching animals.That was a perfect place for me. Heard, there are facilities to go by a van to the forest to watch the animals,birds. And also we can have an elephant ride.Hmmmm.. yummy! When I was reading all these, I was actually wearing a hat and was riding in an elephant. And the distance was only one and half an hour from Coimbatore. Seems to be good ride. But to my shock, one person had reviewed it like, we should not get frequent buses, we should wait till 25 gather together for the van ride and also I felt, being a girl, with another beautiful girl, going to a forest alone is not a good idea. So, flop. Good bye topslip. Lets meet some other time :(

Next, Anamalai hills. Its almost the same like TopSlip and ruled out.

Siruvaani dam was little bit okay. I was not very sure about how to reach there. It was also only a 30 mins travel from Isha. We can have both the visits too. But I do not know what I felt , i ruled out this and thought we would visit Vaidehi falls and Isha yoga, as vaidehi falls is only a 15 minute away from Isha.

There you are! I got a good news.. Nisha has got no leave on Saturday. thanks to mullaiperiyar issue. No faith on buses.  Thus, we are a gang of four now!! :D :D hehehuuuuu.. :P

I was really bored, as the search for the places too got over very soon. May be, Coimbatore should have more places for girls to visit. I called Bhuvana for a walk out. We planned to go to the ATM and register our mobile phone numbers for mobile banking. We went to Kumaraguru college as it has one ATM centre for Axis bank. We just went in and did something called registerring the mobile number. Unfortunate! Came to know later, what we did was not an actual registration!! Let it go! Then, we ordered chat from the KCT canteen. Aah.. that boy was showing his face as if we are stealing his money. I thought of telling him, "We are not Oc la eating !!". But I kept mum.As you know, I always talk to myself, scold to myself. Finally in another fifteeeeeeeen  minutes, he gave the chat. Wow awesome. It had to be soaked in paani before I had it. Thank God, I saved my teeth. Finished eating, we went on an evening walk and chit-chatted sometime. Visited the temple and came back to office to pick up the late coming Nisha. It was 7.30 in the night and she was still not ready.

Bhuvana was already started telling stories. Finally when Nisha arrived, we felt like relaxing for a while. nisha and Bhuvana were telling and enacting about a malayalam movie. Whoa, that was awesome. I felt like I am watching the movie. for the first time ever, bhuvana was talking slowly that I could understand her and enjoy the story. Dont ask me what was the story. We have to go to the main story.

On Saturday, DON 2.Roopa and I with Sankar. What a movie, I loved the part when Hrithik showed up in his majestic black suite and danced with Priyanka. Whoa, awesome movie time. [It was 3D, watched it wearing 3D glasses!Note the point your honour! ;) ] It ended without knowing the 3 hours were over. Then, just went for a little shopping. Took some two dresses. Out of the two, one was for my thangachinga.. :P [God promise!] :P

We were damn tired. But I was in an excitement for the new year. Roopa was totally exhausted. She had no interest for the cake. She had no interest for the sweets. She had no interest for the midnight gaalas ! :( Oh God! All Alone on a newyear night. Its gonna be just like it was during my school days! :( Finnaly, convinced her to buy a cake. When we reached home, Nisha was already waiting outside the home. Don't ask me why outside home?!! [The keys were with Me! :D ]

Even she was tired. Both the sleepheaded girls slept off. Nothing was special. Was watching my favorite serial "VD" and "PK" B-) That was awesome! Then, came the new year! I called the 2 lazy girls to get up! get up! and cut the cake finally. Both were sleeping. Roopa was totally off. Nisha sprang up once she got calls. And I went to the rooftop to check how is the eve being celebrated. Wow.. that was a nice view from the top! I was watching colorful crackers blasting to welcome the year twenty twelve to be the colorful one. That made my day! With that happiness, remembering we had to start off by early 7, did not keep the alarm. So, the result was, when I woke up, it was 7 alreadyyy! First day of the year, no punctuality!

I gave off the cakes to Dharshan's and Swathi's house nearby. I asked about Vaidehi fall and it was a shock. that was boys dominated area.God damn! Nowhere girls can go! So, only to Isha. I was standing on the last step in the bus, not out of eagerness to visit the Dhyanalingam, but because many were very eager to visit the place. Hmmmmmm.. thank God,I did not fall of the bus and broke my legs, that aunty was really heavy to support! :(

I was waiting for the forest to come. There came the forest!  But to add to my misery, it was like my native village. Do they call it a forest?? Then, i can make my place a forest and start attracting tourists! *Sigh*

"May be,Sowmi, Isha is in a place too pleasant,lovely to visit! Do not lose hopes!", said to myself.

"Arggg!",the road was full of bumbs. How the tamilnadu government is maintaining the road to a tourist place. I cursed the government, using this chance.

What?? This is Isha? Hmmmmmm.. So, finally this building is it. No forest. No greenery. No cute flowers. No water droplets dripping from the tree. Its all this. *Mood Off*.. "Still, if u go inside, it may be good!",I pacified myself.

Went inside after a small introduction as how to pray, by a volunteer! Devi temple was the first to be visted. It was good. The architecture was good. the place was very quite inside. Nobody made even a little noise. I thought,"If it had been a local temple, they would not even allow the gurukkal to tell the mantras! They will pull and push off each and every person on the way!See, if we put a board as if its different, and shows lot of foreigners visiting, suddenly the people here will forget all the pushing and pulling and will act very normal! God only knows! "

They gave neem leaves and a jasmine as Prashadam! Divine! Had and sat praying for a while and moved to the theertha kulam, where we can see the lingam in  between the water and we can pray entering the water stream. It was quite artificial lake, with a lingam sitting in the middle. Separate places for men and women. We have to change if we want to take bath and touch the linga in the middle of the water pond. We did not want to change and we simply went and watched it,came back! 10rs -for water watching!!

Finally to the dhyanalingam, where we can do dhyanam for a while as we wait praying. The lingam was big and divine. The place had sculptures of many vedic stories like kannapar's, sivachariar's.. That was silent, but because of many people inside, little suffocating too. But that was a nice visit to escape from this machinery noisy life. Everybody there, speaks nothing except showing us signs not to make noise.

Once the visit was over, watched the lake nearby, a BMW car parked in there for auction and caught the bus, came back!

Hear it ! How can I miss this! Got to see thottachinungi plant after a very very veryyyyy long time ther near the lake! That was a moment! I touched it and watched it to go to sleep when I was in my uncle's home with my granny, in our farm field!That was, when I was too small. After that, I did not get to see granny or the field anymore! My new year was made, not by the visit to the Devi, Lake or the Dhyanalingam, but by that minute's watch on that plant! :)

The final awesome thing I did this new year was, sleeping from January 1st 6.30 pm to January 2nd 6.30 am. Thus, ended the new year excitement and entered the office as everyday!! *Routine Life*

*New Year resolution: Should Bring In Some Change To This Boring Routine Life. Life is something,we should Live!*

கருத்துகள்