Right to Vote! What does it mean?!


Its election time! I faced a typical election time in my life too. When i stepped into the college, you must know i was just Sowmiya. I was not knowing the different characteristics of the people. In a single simple word, partially innocent. I used to help my classmates with programs and whatever i know. As ours is a government institution, it was always self-study. I never cared about class problems. I never cared about teasings. I never cared about anything virtually. I went to the college. Smiled at whoever smiles to me. Spoke to whoever spoke to me. Did my work. ( Dont think i am So sincere! Did my work atleast at the last moment :-P ). This is how my life went. Then comes the second semester. Some interaction with seniors. Life went on. Two semesters got over. Holiday flew away. Hurray! I became the senior. He He.. No use. I was still the calm girl, But started by that time to put mokkais with my classmates and got a gang of friends. We always had fun meetings, official meetings and clash clash meetings too. Lol. It was one day, we had a meeting to elect the representives for various posts, say, placement rep, industrial visit rep, cultural rep, class secretary, etc. To my shock, my name was suggested for placement rep. I never wanted any posts. But still if all of them wish i should be, yes i should be. Class rep asks, ' do you have any objection in these two girls being prs?'. The room had a pin drop silence. It was taken as granted. But still i know, there were people who had a great desire for this post. Many half heartedly said yes. Many happily said yes. But one thing which i was not learnt at that time was to say 'no'. I tried to be responsible as far as i can. I gave all the efforts as far as i can. Still, who were not satisfied in the beginning are not satisfied till the end. First impression! This is what exactly happens when we vote in elections. We vote to somebody as our family members do, friends do, neighbours do. Later, we blame them for their drastic rule and stay unsatisfied. (Oops! I dont think mine was So! Lolz). So arise, awake, think and dare to say no if you find any mischief with them! Good for both, people and the leader! :)

கருத்துகள்